Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

LAZY WEEKEND

So this weekend I didn't have anything "due" right away for school, so I decided to keep Shade home with me as much as possible and spend some time with him. I can't let school keep me from enjoying my family, especially when the weather is so nice :)

So on Thursday Shade & I got to play all morning. That was awesome.

On Friday we went swimming and to a church farewell picnic at a park. I thought we would just stay for a little bit and then I would go home and study, but Shade was having so much fun with the other kids (as was I) so we stayed until 9:30. It was awesome.

Saturday (today) there was free bowling. We HAD to take advantage of that one. Shade got bored pretty fast, but some of his friends showed up, and then we got a ramp for him to push a bowling ball down. He really liked it, and when it was his turn he would say "I turn, ball tlease (please)." He actually got 4 strikes!! (He didn't like getting strikes, though, because he only got to push the ball once.) But of course he eventually got bored with that too and Kellen had to bowl Shade's last 2 frames while I tried to distract Shade. But overall it was good. Kellen got 146, I got 126 (the first game I got a 94) and Shade got 108. Awesome.

Afterward Kellen took Shade to Kensington park with some friends so I could get something done this weekend (as I am sitting here writing a post...). But I loved every minute I got to spend with those guys. Man, I have the awesomest family!

No comments: