Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

(Layoff Part II Cont. - The Job)

Anyway, so we showed our faith in God's promise to take care of us by doing our part. And true to His word, He took care of us. Of all the jobs Kellen applied to, ONLY ONE of them was in Michigan. And within TWO WEEKS he got a phone call about a job offer - ON our Anniversary (I like to think that was an extra little gift from God letting us know things would be okay). And the job - it was a LOT better than the job he had at Ford - better pay, benefits, hours, atmosphere, advancement opportunities, 30 minutes closer (one-way), and we actually saved almost $5,000 in health care costs when I had the baby! (It was a $27,000 surgery/stay and we actually only paid a $250 deductable instead of the $5,000 deductable through Ford - I know, SWEET huh?)

And we didn't even have to move apartments!

And, since we were able to stay in the area, I reapplied and got accepted back into that accelerated Nursing program (Bachelor's degree in 4 semesters) - and to top it off, I scored that scholarship from Beaumont Hospital (plus the connections).

No comments: